What is this book about?
This book teaches you how to build custom ASP.NET Web sites from
the ground up. An expert team of authors uses their extensive
ASP.NET programming experience to give you hands-on instruction in
the best way to create Web sites with ASP.NET. This completely
updated edition features new examples, and all code is written and
tested for ASP.NET version 1.1.
What does this book cover?
Here's what you will learn in this book:
- How to install and configure ASP.NET
- Basic programming principles for Visual Basic. NET, such as
variables, controls structures, and procedural programming
- Techniques for applying these principles as you develop ASP.NET
- The minimum amount of object-oriented programming necessary to
work successfully and efficiently with ASP.NET
- Key differences between ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1, how to use the
examples in this book with either version, and how to move from 1.0
- Build ASP.NET sites faster using Microsoft's new, free
- Techniques for extending your ASP.NET sites to incorporate
related tools and technologies, such as using ADO.NET for data
- Web Services for inter-Web site communication, and Server
Controls for facilitating code maintenance and reuse
- How you can make your ASP.NET site production-ready through
proper debugging, optimization, and security
Who is this book for?
This book is for beginners who have no previous experience of
ASP, VB, XML, object-oriented programming, or the .NET framework. A
little knowledge of HTML is useful, but not essential. All the
concepts you need to create dynamic ASP.NET Web sites are presented
and explained in full.