What is this
This hands-on guide teaches you how to build custom ASP.NET Web
sites from the ground up. An expert team of authors uses their
extensive ASP.NET programming experience to give you hands-on
instruction in the best way to create Web sites with ASP.NET and
C#. This completely updated edition features new examples, and all
code is written and tested for ASP.NET version 1.1.
What does this book cover?
- Fast ASP.NET site construction using Microsoft’s new,
free Web Matrix tool
- How to install and configure ASP.NET
- Basic programming principles for C#, such as variables, control
structures, and procedural programming
- Techniques for applying these principles as you develop ASP.NET
- The minimum amount of object-oriented programming necessary to
work successfully and efficiently with ASP.NET
- Key differences between ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1, how to use the
examples in this book with either version, and how to move from 1.0
- Techniques for extending your ASP.NET sites to incorporate
related tools and technologies, such as using ADO.NET for data
source access, Web Services for inter-site communication, and
Server Controls to facilitate code maintenance and reuse
- How you can make your ASP.NET site production-ready through
proper debugging, optimization, and security
Who is this book for?
This book is for students who have no previous experience with
ASP, C#, XML, object-oriented programming, or the .NET framework. A
little knowledge of HTML is useful, but not essential. All the
concepts you need to create dynamic ASP.NET Web sites are presented
and explained in full.