A hands-on introduction to the latest release of the Android OS and the easiest Android tools for developers
As the dominant mobile platform today, the Android OS is a powerful and flexible platform for mobile device. The new Android 7 release (New York Cheesecake) boasts significant new features and enhancements for both smartphone and tablet applications. This step-by-step resource takes a hands-on approach to teaching you how to create Android applications for the latest OS and the newest devices, including both smartphones and tablets.
- Shows you how to install, get started with, and use Android Studio 2 - the simplest Android developer tool ever for beginners
- Addresses how to display notifications, create rich user interfaces, and use activities and intents
- Reviews mastering views and menus and managing data
- Discusses working with SMS
- Looks at packaging and publishing applications to the Android market
Beginning Android Programming with Android Studio starts with the basics and goes on to provide you with everything you need to know to begin to successfully develop your own Android applications.