What does this book cover?
In this book, students will learn how to
- Develop programs to access files and the Linux environment
- Use the GNU compiler, debugger and other development tools
- Program data storage aapplications for MySQL and DBM database
- Write programs that take advantage of signals, processes and
- Build graphical user interfaces using both the GTK (for GNOME)
and Qt (for KDE) libraries
- Write device drivers that can be loaded into the Linux
- Access the network using TCP/IP sockets
- Write scripts that use grep, regular expressions and other
Who is this book for?
This book is for students with some C or C++ experience,
who want to take advantage of the Linux development