A complete lifecycle guide to planning and building a site with Drupal
Drupal allows you to quickly and easily build a wide variety of web sites, from very simple blog sites to extremely complex sites that integrate with other systems. In order to maximize what Drupal can do for you, you need to plan. Whether you are building with Drupal 6 or 7, this book details the steps necessary to plan your site so you can make informed decisions before you start to build.
- Explains how to define the scope of your project
- Shows you how to create a design plan taking into consideration how Drupal works
- Helps you make informed decisions regarding development methodologies, environments, standards, and site security
- Reviews ways to assess the use of existing and/or custom Drupal modules
- Teaches you how to avoid common pitfalls that can impact a successful site launch
- Walks you through preparing for post-launch site maintenance and management tasks
- Details incorporating the nature of open source systems into your management strategies
- Identifies ways to interact with members of the Drupal community
The processes and techniques provided in this book will empower you to create a successful and sustainable site with Drupal.