What is this book about?
This comprehensive compendium provides a broad and thorough
investigation of all aspects of programming with ASP.NET. Entirely
revised and updated for the 1.0 Release of .NET, this book will
give you the information you need to master ASP.NET and build
dynamic, successful, enterprise Web applications.
What does this book cover?
Here are just a few of the topics covered in this book:
- What ASP.NET is, and how it makes building applications even
- How easy it is to work with ASP.NET pages and server-side
- Accessing data of all kinds in your ASP.NET pages
- An introduction to ADO.NET
- Getting started with ASP.NET and the .NET Framework
- Creating ASP.NET pages, working with server controls, and data
- Developing, securing, and configuring web applications
- Exploring Base class libraries, components, and
- Working with Web Services and ASP.NET in the mobile arena
- Debugging, performance, migration, and interoperability
- Integrating this knowledge in real world development
Who is this book for?
This book is aimed at experienced ASP developers working at the
leading edge — rather than the casual ASP developer or
beginner. We do not cover the basics of COM, ASP, or the .NET
programming languages. This book is also ideal for Visual Basic
developers who want to move into Web application design.
What do you need to use this book?
Here's what you need to know in order to use this book:
- A solid understanding of ASP
- Familiarity with VB or C-based syntax (C++, Java(TM), or
- A desire to develop sophisticated ASP.NET applications
using the .NET Framework
- A desire for a comprehensive and in-depth guide to this
exciting new technology