Professional guidance on using Microsoft’s Visual Studio toolset for agile project management
Focusing on both process and results, this professional guide offers a practical approach to running agile software projects using Visual Studio's project management templates and tools. You’ll first get a thorough overview of the interaction between traditional, scrum-based agile development techniques and the Microsoft Soutions Framework, before drilling down into the detail. The book covers tools, best practices, key templates, key data, team and process models, necessary tracking assetsand a host of other project challenges, such as project communication, organization, and budgets.
- Shows how to use Microsoft’s agile Visual Studio toolset for agile project management
- Written by leading experts from Microsoft and industry, this is an authoritative guide to agile development for all Microsoft-based projects
- Teaches basic concepts through best practices for delivering great software on time
- Covers the interaction of traditional, scrum-based agile development techniques and the Microsoft Solutions Framework
- Focuses on what must be in place to keep a project on track, including team models, process models, detailed tracking assets, and more
Professional Scrum with Team foundation Server 2010 combines theory with practical experience to help experienced software project managers and developers ship reliable software on time.