The first guide to show you how to power your site using Umbraco.
More companies are turning to the power and simplicity of Umbraco's web content management system to build robust, customized sites. Written by leaders in the Umbraco community, this invaluable guide takes you through every aspect of this open source tool. Code samples using XHTML, CSS, XSLT, and C# are integrated throughout the pages to illustrate key concepts that you can apply. As you work through the chapters, you'll progress from building a basic Umbraco site to a sophisticated one that meets the needs of your organization.
Umbraco User's Guide:
- Explains how to install Umbraco and walks you through its XML structure
- Discusses how to create templates while building your understanding of layouts
- Offers best practices for developing content, designing types, organizing templates, and using the rich text editor
- Walks you through XSLT and .NET controls
- Helps you build sample applications and troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Covers how to create your own classified ads site by combining document types, templates, styles, macros, and more