Understand Android OS for both smartphone and tablet
This fast-paced introduction to the newest release of Android OS
gives aspiring mobile app developers what they need to know to
program for today's hottest Android smartphones and tablets.
Android 4 OS is, for the first time, a single solution for both
smartphones and tablets, so if you master the information in this
helpful guide, you'll be well on your way to successful development
for both devices. From using activities and intents and creating
rich user interfaces to working with SMS, messaging APIs, and the
Android SDK, what you need is here.
- Provides clear instructions backed by real-world programming
- Begins with the basics and covers everything Android 4
developers need to know for both smartphones and tablets
- Explains how to customize activities and intents, create rich
user interfaces, and manage data
- Helps you work with SMS and messaging APIs, the Android SDK,
and using location-based services
- Details how to package and publish your applications to the
Beginning Android 4 Application Development pares down
the most essential steps you need to know so you can start creating
Android applications today.